Saturday, August 25, 2012

The saga of Hans....




As I stated in my last post – my bright yellow Canary Hans took flight out of our kitchen window :(. Oh my gosh - I was beside myself, he had never actually flown outside of our little apartment walls before and I was very worried. I quickly ran to the back bedroom where my Oma was washing the window and yelled (in German of course lol)… that Hans had flown outside and asked her what I should do. Always quick with a remedy for any situation, my Oma went into the kitchen – grabbed his birdcage, handed it to me saying “go, run outside and find Hans”. So off I went with birdcage in hand, running down the apartment staircase as fast as I could. Once outside, I looked around everywhere - at every tree, every roof top… Nothing, no sign of Hans. I ran around our little block yelling “Hans” at the top of my lungs. Windows were opening with neighbors peering out, looking to see what all the fuss was about. I finally spotted him sitting on a clothes wire just preening his feathers - without a care in the world. I walked over sort of gently, as not to frighten him, saying all the while “come here Hans, look- here is your home”. The moment he saw me edging closer to him – he stopped – stood still - then looked at me and said “I am not going back into that thing”. How do I know what he said? Well uhh... I heard him inside my head. Doesn't everyone hear animals speak? :).
     Hans took flight once again but this time I saw where he was going so I hightailed it, cage in hand shouting “No Hans- don’t leave me”… Alas, he just kept on flying, higher and higher until I could no longer see him to follow.  I was devastated. Who, other than my Oma and imaginary friends, could I talk to now? – about my day and all my adventures. Dejected, I walked back home with the empty birdcage in hand.

4 comments:

  1. Awww! I hope you found someone else to pour your heart out... <3 .. Hugs Vani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to hug that little girl standing there all dejected. In fact I am going to do it now! Hugs for little Debra! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Kirsten... waaaaa... That means so much to me, even this many years later. Thank You my Soul Sister ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Would really Love It :) if you choose to leave a comment ((hugs))