Friday, August 2, 2013

Once Upon a Time.....




Alright, waiting on inspiration from my Guides didn't work :0) So I guess I’ll start from the beginning.. No - Not that far back Silly. Yes, that’s a photo of Me – Debz. Not sure when that was taken since I have the most difficult time... well telling Time :0). But that’s another story, for another day.
     I was raised in Germany by my Oma and Opa.  Yes, I had a mom and dad but they figured that this was a better place for me, and they were right. Just Sayin’ lol. Growing up back in “those” days one was either Catholic or Protestant and I was Catholic.  My Grandparent’s weren't religious fanatics but they thought it was important for me to attend services on Sundays. So my Oma would dress me up in the only dress I had, buckle up my shoes and off we went. Opa never came… that was his time to go “see the horses”. No, lol we didn't have a farm that was just slang for going to the off track Horse Betting Parlor.
     I loved the Church itself. It was so beautiful with the tall, stained glass windows depicting scenes from the bible. When the sun shone through the whole church would light up in different colors. Rainbow Colors.  I also loved to sing, didn't matter what - just as long as I was singing. As for the priest and his sermons, I just remember them both scaring the heck out of me.
     My experiences with the Nuns and Priests were not pleasant ones by far. The first Kindergarten I went to was run by the Nuns, in a building next to the beautiful church. I was there for 3 days before they kicked me out for playing with other kids toys while they slept. We were pretty poor, so seeing all those toys I felt an overwhelming urge to play… What kid wouldn't :0). So much for compassionate Nuns... Uhh  Not.
     One of our mandatory classes in school was Religion and it was taught by a local Priest. I don’t remember his name but what he did to me is still vivid in my memory today and NO it wasn't sexual abuse. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, he just plain didn't like me. Perhaps because I was poor. During every class he would call me up to the front of the room for... well just about anything and tell me what a bad child I was, then make me hold out my hands so that he could hit them with his ruler. And not lightly, I might add.  Well that was my introduction to the German Nuns and Priest. Needless to say, they both scared the heck out of me lol.


2 comments:

  1. Loving your posts Debz. Since no one had left a comment here, I thought I would ;-) ... You are doing a great job of the blog.. I have been meaning to start one and just have been thinking for 3 years.. LOL!!!!!! ...Love and hugs Vani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vani ~ Beautiful.. You should absolutely start one!! Get it out of your head onto the screen - Just Do It <3

    ReplyDelete

Would really Love It :) if you choose to leave a comment ((hugs))